Other Theravada Sources
Audio recordings and streams
Note: I cannot personally vouch for the quality of all the materials offered on the external sites listed here. Some are more useful than others. Use your own best judgment.
To report errors or to recommend sites to add to this list, please contact me
Note: If you have trouble downloading any of the audio recordings listed here, or if you'd like help burning audio Dhamma CDs of any of these talks, please contact Michael Sproul (email: mike.a.sproul [AT] cummins [DOT] com), who has kindly volunteered his time to help make audio Dhamma available to all.
The audio on the sites listed below is in English unless otherwise noted.
- » Abhayagiri Monastery (USA; MP3 and RealAudio): Dhamma talks by monastics from Abhayagiri.
- » Aruna Ratanagiri Buddhist Monastery (UK; MP3): Dhamma talks by monastics from Ratanagiri.
- » Audio Dharma (USA; MP3): An extensive catalogue of Dhamma talks by more than two dozen western teachers, including Thanissaro Bhikkhu.
- » Beyond the Net (Sri Lanka; MP3): Sutta discussions with Bhikkhu Bodhi and Dhamma talks by several Sri Lankan teachers.
- » Bodhi Monastery (USA; MP3): Bhikkhu Bodhi's excellent series of ten lectures on the Buddha's teachings, as well his weekly lectures on selected suttas from the Majjhima Nikaya.
- » BuddhaNet Audio (Australia; RealAudio and MP3): Dhamma talks by a wide assortment of teachers.
- » Buddhist Society of Western Australia (Australia; MP3): Dhamma talks by several western monastics and senior Thai monks.
- » Corporate Body of the Buddha Educational Foundation (Taiwan; MP3): Dhamma talks by Bhikkhu Bodhi and others.
- » Dhammasala Forest Monastery (USA; MP3): Dhamma talks by Bhikkhu Khemasanto.
- » Dhamma Talks (UK; MP3): Dhamma talks by western disciples of Ajahn Chah, including Ajaans Sumedho, Pasanno, Tiradhammo, Viradhammo, Brahmavamso, Sucitto, Munindo, Amaro, Nyanadhammo, Sundara, Candasiri, Vayama, and Thansasanti.
- » Dharmastream (USA; MP3): Dhamma talks by the teachers from the Insight Meditation Society (USA).
- » eDhamma: A Window to Theravada Buddhism (USA; RealAudio): Dhamma talks by Burmese teachers.
- » The Forest Hermitage (UK; Windows Media Audio): Dhamma talks by Ajahn Khemadhammo.
- » Forest Monastery of Barn Tard (Thailand; RealAudio & Windows Media Audio): Dhamma talks by Ajaan Maha Boowa.
- » Metta Forest Monastery (USA; MP3): Dhamma talks given at the monastery by Ajaan Geoff (Thanissaro Bhikkhu), in both English and Thai.
- » Tathagata Meditation Center (USA; MP3, RealAudio): Dhamma talks by Sayadaws U Pandita, U Silananda, and Beeling.
- » Watthai Net (Australia; MP3): Dhamma talks by Ayya Khema and sutta study lectures by Bhikkhu Bodhi.
- » Aruna Ratanagiri Buddhist Monastery (UK; RealAudio & Windows Media Audio): A collection of chants from the Mahanikaya Thai forest tradition (in Pali and English).
- » BuddhaNet Audio (Australia; RealAudio and MP3): A collection of chants from various Theravada traditions (in Pali and English).